Hi, we’re Yarrington.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer.
At Yarrington, we specialise in design, print, web, app development and cutting-edge digital events. We are based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire with over 20 years of expertise and experience. We work with some amazing clients from Beano to Mail Metro and we’re looking for someone to join our team of designers and developers in a client-facing role, bringing projects to life. The ideal candidate will work closely within their team to conceptualise and develop innovative ideas, continuously developing solutions and overcoming bottle-necks; pushing forward into the next generation of Web development.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with (and sometimes developing) our SaaS product MyAppuccino to develop applications using WordPress (PHP), SCSS, Angular.js and Capacitor
- Using your PHP and front-end skills within the development team on new and existing WordPress sites
- Be part of project scoping, decision making and development of new and cutting edge products and solutions
- Working with an array of new and existing clients to build problem solving solutions
What we’re looking for
If you are somebody that enjoys building side-projects in your own time, gets curious about new tech or loves to explore and try out new languages then you might be the person we’re looking for!
What we’d like from you.
- You are a PHP super-hero with an understanding of MVC, OOP, API’s and REST
- You can turn CSS into something sleek and cross browser compatible
- You have used PHP frameworks such as WordPress, CodeIgniter, or Drupal (We love WordPress)
- You know you way around a design tool whether that be Sketch, Photoshop or Illustrator (No MS-Paint please)
- You have a desire to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment and work to deadlines
- You are good at communicating your thoughts and idea’s clearly
- You can work in a team and can collaborate with members of different disciplines
- You have experience with JS frameworks such as AngularJS, Node or Capacitor
- You have experience using CLI and GIT
- You can create code to solve problems
If you can do these, awesome! but not essential
- You have an understanding of SEO and Analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- You can design pixel perfect UI’s from flat designs
- You can configure a server and DNS and point a domain
- Experience with Xcode and Android Studio
- You can write a good unit test
- You have worked in a similar role for at least 3 years or you can show evidence of your accomplishments from your portfolio
- Free tea and coffee
- We are a Mac based company, you get your own company iMac
- Opportunities to work from home
- Easy commute, we’re in the centre of Shrewsbury
- We’re casual in the office and so can you!
- 25 days annual leave entitlement in addition to bank holidays and no working weekends
- Monthly explorative and learning days to learn something new and get geeky
Sounds perfect! What’s next?
If you think this role ticks all the boxes for you then we would love to have a chat over video call. The next step would be then to complete a simple code test to understand your skill level followed by an internal review and a potential offer for the role.